Today I had a great first day of work.
Started the morning sleeping in a little late. That was a little disconcerting, but I was able to go for a 5 mile run, come back and do yoga, then cook breakfast for myself, do a little cleaning, got dressed in my proud clothing, did my face, collected all my belongings to get rid of a shit load of clutter, got rid of four bags of clothing, got rid of two bags full of books, and returned not just my clothes, but also that new computer I bought a few weeks ago and saved a shit load of money today! Got a manicure and fed myself some good food at the cafe instead.
Things that made me happy today:
1) Greg at Butcher's Daughter sharing his performance with me. I like the fact that I'm actually living in this city and meeting the people who live here!
2) Talked to James at Whole Foods, who gave me a great block of Grand Ewe sheep's milk cheese. I asked him how much of an arm and a leg the block of cheese would cost me, and he said "Does it matter? Aren't you worth it?" Damn right I am!
3) Talked to Des for an hour today about life, celebrated all the good things that happened today
4) Saved $1,000 by returning my computer. Patrick at the Apple store recommended I return my new computer and just use this one that I've had since 2009 and make a few small upgrades. No wonder they call it the Genius Bar-- thank you Patrick and James
5) Spoke to a guy named Chris, who was sitting next to me at Apple. He asked if I wanted to go to a show on Wednesday. I'm always down to hear good music. Again, it feels good to meet people now that I'm really living here and not on a plane off to some other stupid city
6) Talked to Mirslav at Butcher's Daughter, talked to another Chris at Steven Alan... Love meeting strangers and talking them
7) Read Twyla Thwarp
8) Went grocery shopping and bought healthy things for me
9) ending the night by writing a mission statement
I have successfully found a new job and know what my mission in this job is.
My job is to take care of myself in order be the most pleasant, caring, and generous person I can be. No more trying to find a job that pays me well. This job is all about taking the best care of myself that I can. Therefore, I will put all my efforts on taking great care of myself-- physically, mentally, and spiritually. I want to take the best care of myself by feeling my best. In order to do that, everyday will include:
- reading- for personal development/ pleasure
- creating a piece of art
- reading the news
- work on business plan
- take pictures
- dress up well
- eat well
- meet/ talk with friends
- take care of one administrative thing a day
- have great sleep hygiene
- listen to music
- work on website
- surf internet for inspiration
- go out and take pictures
- edit pictures
- make new friends
- plan get-togethers
- make a smoothie
- close the day with writing
Some major goals that I'd like to accomplish during this job include:
- relocate to Italy
- write a book
- build a yoga/ wellness center
- take art classes
- build an art studio
- find life partner and start family
- build portfolio of work and sell